Thursday, May 19, 2011

EGGFEST!!!

Food and beer have a delicate and wonderful relationship. Saturday, I had the opportunity to attend Chef JJ's Egg Fest located in the parking lot next to Chef JJ's Backyard. Chef JJ's is a unique experience to say the least. They will host your private event, offer a grilling class complete with beer tastings, as well as cater your wedding. Chef JJ's backyard is definitely a culinary experience that one has to see to believe.

Saturday, Chef JJ's played host to the first annual Egg Fest. Several grillers were present using the Big Green Egg grill. The Big Green Egg is a style of grill modeled after the ancient clay cooker called a "kamado". It was released in 1974, and since then it has undergone many changes. Not the least of which is the replacement of the clay with space-age ceramics that make it virtually indestructible under normal cooking conditions. Chef JJ's just happens to be the only dealer of this marvel of modern cooking technology in Indianapolis.

Egg Fest was an event to be witnessed. Upon walking into the festival site, my wife and I were greeted with the wafting smell of grill smoke, cooking meat, and other culinary delights. Sun King was there pouring pints of delicious handcrafted ales. Upon obtaining my pint (first things first), my wife and I proceeded to make our way to each grill site underneath a massive white tent. With so many grillers and what seemed like a hundred samples of food, it would be an understatement to say that we were stuffed by the end of it. So much so that my wife was not able to finish her beer. I gladly obliged. Overall I would say this event was a success and I look forward to making this part of my annual routine.

Cheers!

Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment