Friday, April 15, 2011

Dark Lord Day

It's that time of year again folks. That's right, Dark Lord Day. I guess I should probably mention this wonderfully, delightfully, absolutely sold out annual event that I will NOT be going to. I hope that last statement didn't come across as bitter. Although that is what I am, bitter. This event sells out quicker than a Justin Bieber concert in a town full of teenage girls. I tried to get tickets 18 hours after they went on sale. Nothing. Absolutely nothing left for sale. They limit the event to 5000 tickets for obvious reasons, but I am still bitter. I digress.

Dark Lord Day is the only day that you can buy Three Floyds' Dark Lord Russian Imperial Stout. I have had the opportunity to taste this wonderfully dark beer. My father, who is a huge fan of dark beers, would probably put me up for adoption (just kidding Dad) for the chance to get this beer. At the event one could enjoy live music, barbecue, and will be able to bring in their own beers and share with other event goers. A word to the wise though. Don't go overboard with the beer, or they won't let you in. Just saying.

As Russian imperial stouts go, this one is a real whopper. This beer, with its dark chocolate complexion and rich caramel head, would bring a tear to the eye of the most grizzled b'dasses. Made with Indian sugar, Mexican vanilla, and Intelligensia coffee, Dark Lord is one of the most sought-after beers in the Midwest.

I myself have never been to Dark Lord Day. The only way I was able to sample it was at the annual Indiana Microbrewer's Festival. I had to get in line one-and-a-half hours early to even get the opportunity to sample. One word, delicious! By the way, if anyone reading this has a ticket that they don't know what to do with, comment and I will get a hold of you. At this point I just sound desperate. Sorry.

Alright, that's all I got! GO CUBBIES!!

Cheers!

Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment