Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Indianapolis Breweries

This is a great time to be in Indy. Not only do we now have one of the state's top three breweries Sun King, but by the end of 2011, we will have nine in total...amazing! I frequent a few of the breweries around town and the one that continues to amaze me over and over again is Bier Brewery. Run by Darren and Jerry Connor, this "nano brewery," as it is sometimes called, is able to provide a level of variety that most larger craft breweries only dream of.

Of the many beers that catch my eye, two stand alone.The first is a variation on a traditional rye pale that absolutely knocked my socks off. In fact it is called simply "Rye Pale". I love the dryness of rye beers and this one does not disappoint. They have other rye-based beers, but this one just stands a smidge above the rest.

Second is the Belgian Blonde. This beer has everything you need in a Belgian beer. Not only does it have notes of clove and orange, but it has a light floral character that doesn't overcrowd the senses. I realize that this is probably a higher calorie beer, as most Belgian beers are, averaging probably in the neighborhood of 300 calories a pint, but I really don't care. I could drink this beer all day, everyday.

Because Bier Brewery has such a variety of flavors, you may be hearing about them in future posts.

That's all for now,

Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment